|This week's grocery haul. I spent $176.00. Let's see how long we can make this last if we try not to waste any food. |
Still looking at handling stress. There are practical things we can do to help us deal with stress. Here are a few:
1. Be realistic. Don't magnify your problems. Everyone has disappointments in life. None of us succeed every time we try something. Even though we face serious problems, the solutions must come through emotional maturity, counseling, and taking control of your own life. Don't complain. Focus on the reward. There are things we can do to make a difference.
2. Don't get into a rut. One-sidedness is never the answer.
3. Be interested in life and your purpose.
4. Be happy...poised and cheerful.
5. Don't suppress your emotions. It is better to bring negative emotions to the surface, acknowledge them and let them be defused in healthy ways. Exercise has been proven to help release emotional tensions. Assertiveness is a good thing.
|Carrot seeds - Purple Sun - Very rare. I hope they will come up.|
I am planning a trip to Europe in September, so while getting in my steps I am trying to learn French on Duolingo. Duolingo says I am 40% fluent in French, but there is no way that is correct. I am also, on a less intense scale, trying to learn some Dutch words. Also, while walking I am listening to an audio book. Just started A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas.
Food for the day:
Breakfast: Lemongrass tea; fresh apple juice; organic oatmeal, fresh strawberries
Lunch: Green smoothies for 2 (herbs from the garden, coconut water, 2 bananas, 2 kiwi, 1/4 pineapple, 16 strawberries); 1/2 avocado; 1 mango; 1/8 watermelon
Dinner: Veggie cocktails for 2 ( 1/2 beet; 1/2 small bag of carrots; 1 bunch of celery hearts; 2 small tri-color bell peppers; 1 small apple); sauerkraut; green salad) romaine, salad cucumber, green onions, tomato); salad dressing (juice of a lime, apple cider vinegar, water, olive oil, salt, pepper); organic corn chips; purple hull peas, fried onions.
For dessert I had kombucha and a Lara Bar.
Notes on the food: I feel better without the oatmeal in the mornings, the organic corn chips are too high in salt and fat which makes them quite addictive, and the fried onions are too high in fat. I should have "fried" them in water instead of coconut oil.
To health and happiness.