Saturday, July 2, 2011


I woke up several times during the night.  I first checked the time at 12:30, then 2:00, then finally got up at 5:30.  My plan was to get on the computer and try to communicate with the home folks, but alas, there was no 240v power for the broadband satellite.

I had another dream last night.  All the details are lost but it had Caleb, Connor, Phoebe, Amy and Harris in it.

My kidney was hurting, I feel tired, and the sore in my nose is bothering me.  I hate weighing in kilos, because you have to lose 2.2 lbs before you can see any loss.  I like my digital scale at home that weighs to the tenth of a pound.  That allows a celebration for every tenth of a pound lost which is 22 more celebrations than a kilo, for crying out loud.

I was here by myself until noon so I read in my Bible and put my hand laundry in to soak.  After the sun was up good I was able to get on the computer a little while.  I got to talk to Travis on Skype and email Molly.  Molly had Mom and Travis over to her house for fried eggs Thursday evening.  It was Mom's choice for the menu, and I hear Mom ate four fried eggs.  Molly is set up on Skype now, so hopefully, I will be able to talk to them face to face soon.

I spent the rest of the morning typing up my blog, my natural hygiene lessons, and listening to a sermon on the web.  It was about God being a loving Father.

Lunch was papaya, black sapote, avocado, banana, and coconut.  Then I swept my room and hung up my laundry to dry.

During my 2:00 consultation we talked about my supplemental lessons.  I need to start doing them interspersed with my regular lessons.  Most of them have to do with the hygienic care of children.

I read until supper time.  There is music playing across the way.  They must be having a corroboree again.

Supper was tomato, lettuce, avocado, sauerkraut, pecans and dates.

My computer only built up 18% power today, so I will not have any computer time in the morning.  I practiced my flute in my room.

John will be traveling to the UK from September 4-28.  My plans are tentatively to spend a week in Melbourne with a friend of John's, a week in Sydney, and a week in Brisbane with John's son.  Then back to Cairns for a few days.  That will give me a chance to see some more of Australia.

That's it for now.  Stay safe.  Be happy.


  1. You must have been dreaming about Harris and family because of their moving difficulties. I think it's all straightened out now. I'm sure they will be in their new place soon. Now I know why Mom has not been calling me to visit. She's too busy eating four fried eggs at Molly's. That is so funny. She wants Susanna and me to take her today to buy those sandals at Walmart that I put on her feet months ago but then took them back into the store. She was sitting in the car, too tired to go in, and I paid for them long enough to take out and slip on her feet. She couldn't stand up to see if she could walk, so I returned them. She has not forgotten those shoes, so we are taking her to get them, even if she can't walk in them. She thinks they are pretty. I guess that reason is as good as any. Susanna is here for a 4-day visit. We have been having a pretty good time. Swimming on Friday, and dinner at Jason's deli. Then Saturday was a day shopping for us. Today we are taking Mom shopping. We hope to go to a party Monday afternoon/evening, but that's pushing it late for us. We meet Susanna's transportation at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday.

  2. Tell Susanna hello for me. I hope you have a good time together.