My first job was to weed some more in the Jaboticabas, but that got cut short as I was needed to help cut the vine off the fence around the new pineapple patch. It was quite a job. While I was doing that John was cutting back the Ceylon Spinach. I got all the vine off the inside of the fence then John decided it needed to come off the outside also so that it wouldn't grow back so quickly.
Ben came by for a few minutes and told us he had seen a python in the tree at the end of the new pineapple bed. I decided we needed to mow around there before I started pulling the vines off the outside of the fence. I ran the mower then John ran the weed-eater.
My next job was to run the mower over the pile of weeds we pulled out of this patch. This took the rest of the morning. It had to be turned several times and passed over many times with the mower. In the meantime, John was bringing in wheelbarrows full of top soil to build up the new pineapple bed.
Two new rain tanks were delivered today. One will be used to water the avocados. The other is going to another house here on the property. Almost every rural home has a large rain tank beside the house. Water is always in short supply in Australia, so everyone collects rainwater. FYI - Rainwater is perfectly safe to drink.